In order to avoid stress, breakage or damage during your move, we suggest you take a few moments to read the following guidelines.
PACK ANYTHING THAT CAN FIT INTO A CARTON
- All cupboard and drawers should be emptied and packed into a carton.
- Clothing should be packed into a box, not in plastic bags. Bags can break and are difficult to load into a truck.
- Don’t pack books into the large standard carton, as they become too heavy for removalist and bottom of the cartons can easily collapse.
- Plates, microwave plates, platters and glassware should be wrapped and packed in a box that is cushioned with paper or bubble-wrapped.
- Glasses should be packed as they stand on a table.
- Plates and bowls should be wrapped, then placed sitting on their edge.
- Lamps, ornaments and picture should be well wrapped and packed in a cushioned carton.
- Light bulbs should be removed from lamps.
FOOD AND CLEANING PRODUCTS
- Make sure any foodstuff or cleaning products are sealed securely, as they can leak and spoil furniture while being transported.
- Any item you don’t feel confident packing, place in an open box and transport them in your car.
GARAGES AND SHEDS
- Small and loose items should be packed in a box.
- Garden tools to be taped or tied together at both ends.
- Please show the movers all outdoor items, including plants so they know how much rooms to allocate because these items often cannot be stacked in the truck.
- Gas bottles should be emptied.