Packing Tips for Glassware and Fragile Items
Packing up glassware and other fragile items for relocating home can be a big task for you. But you can make secure packing of all your fragile items like glassware, chinaware and silverware correctly using right methods. Here are some important tips for packing up glassware and other breakable items and making them ready for moving. First of all you need to collect required packing materials such as corrugated cardboard carton boxes, heavy duty industrial packaging tapes, wrapping sheets, old newspapers, bubble wraps, foam peanuts, etc.
- Wrap the each and every item in one layer of wrapping sheet or old newspaper or blank newsprint paper.
- Thereafter, wrap the item in multiple layers of bubble wrap. Secure the wrapping with a piece of packaging tape.
- Ready the box or carton with a layer of packaging material on the bottom. You can use old cotton clothes or t-shirts or wadded papers.
- Place the wrapped items in the box in appropriate way and fill the empty spaces with wadded papers or cotton clothes.
- Place heavier or larger items first and lighter or smaller ones later inside the box.
- Seal the box properly using heavy duty packaging tape.
- Shake the box to ensure there is no movement of things inside.
- Label the box “FRAGILE ITEMS”.
If you need more secure protection then use the two-box packaging method. Place the finished box in a larger corrugate cardboard box and fill the empty space with material like old clothes or wadded papers. Make sure there is no movement of the inner box in outer box.
Hence, you see that packing fragile items or glassware for moving home is a simple and straightforward process. Just you need to take care of things; and pack those delicate items using right methods and right packing materials. If you don’t want to take risk on packing breakable and delicate items then you can get assistance of professional packing service. Professional Kahlon Movers Melbourne can pack all your household belongings including fragile and delicate items properly. They can pack each and every item of your household correctly, safely and transfer them to your destination place safely on time.